Related news articles:
• The Star - Biggest turnout at Ipoh Starwalk since inaugural event in 2004
• The Star - Penang Starwalk back in December (signup details in that article)
There will be two major stretches in the 10 km walk. First you'll have to go along the highway, pass through a forest on an uphill climb and only then will you reach the finishing point outisde PISA.
Some pointers for folks who are planning to have their first run this year:
• Wear a cap or put on some sunscreen as the morning sun will be usually scorching (no thanks to the lack of trees alongside the highway).
• How you keep yourself hydrated is up to you but I recommend you bring along a small bottle (500 ml) of water at least. Big guzzlers need 1.5 litres but running and carrying that will be a bit troublesome.
• Signing up for the competitive category (RM12) is better than the non-competitive one (RM8). There's no difference in the route but at least you'll receive a nice certificate for your effort.
• Keep your registration receipt stub safe with you and make sure to stick around until the end of the lucky draw ceremony. Last year there were a lot of unclaimed prizes when the numbers were announced. You don't want to lose a chance to win a motorcycle or a flat-screen television, do you?