And it has fallen! Hopefully this time it'll stay down for good.
KUALA LUMPUR, May 29 (Bernama) -- Syarikat Konsesi Grand Saga has been asked to stop erecting a concrete barrier at Jalan Mahkota Cheras to avoid further confrontation with residents, which began on April 21.
Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar said the problem would not be settled until the parties concerned discuss it and reached an amicable settlement.
"Grand Saga which is erected barrier for the third time must stop it. The Highway Authority of Malaysia and Public Works Department should discuss and come to a decision quickly," he told reporters here Wednesday.
The residents who gathered as early as 10am Wednesday to protest the erection of the barrier swelled to a 500 crowd by 6pm and started destroying the barrier using hammers and lorries to drag the concrete slabs.
The situation returned to normal by 10.30pm after the concrete wall had been removed.
Related article: The Malay Mail / Malaysia Today - Night of violence at the Cheras barricade
Poster credit: mob1900